WCD Minister Smriti Irani launches “Stree Manoraksha Project”
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) has launched the ‘Stree Manoraksha Project’ to improve the mental health of women in India.
- The project was launched by Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani on day 2 of the week long International Women’s Day week celebrations on March 02, 2022.
- The initiative has been launched in collaboration with NIMHANS, a world-renowned centre for mental health, neurosciences and allied fields, based in Bengaluru.
- The project would focus on capacity building of One-Stop Centres (OSC) across India on the tools and techniques as to how to handle the cases of women approaching the One Stop Centres, particularly the women who have suffered violence and distress, with due sensitivity and care.
- The initiative will extend mental health training to 6000 OSC functionaries under the project.
Points to Remember:
- Name of the project launched launched by MoWCD for improving mental health of women?
- ‘Stree Manoraksha Project’ has been launched inc collaboration with? NIMHANS
- How many One-Stop Centres (OSC) will be trained under Stree Manoraksha Project? 6000
- NIMHANS is based in which city? Bengaluru