West Bengal Government launches Open-air Classroom ‘Paray Shikshalaya’
- The West Bengal government has started an open-air classroom program, called Paray Shikshalaya (Neighborhood School), for students studying in primary and pre-primary classes.
- Under this program, the students would be studying in an open area.
- The initiative has been started by the Bengal government keeping in mind the ongoing COVID pandemic situation, which has forced the students to stay back home and attend online classes. However, it was found that students remain absent from their classes and do not take their studies seriously in online classes.
- With this program, children will get accustomed to the physical classes. The government has selected clubs and parks to hold classes for standards 1 to 7..
Points to Remember:
- Paray Shikshalaya is an open air classroom program started by which state?
Source: Republic World