World Coconut Day: 02 September
- World Coconut Day is celebrated every year on September 2 to promote the importance of coconuts and their contributions to various aspects of life, including the economy, agriculture, and health.
- The theme for World Coconut Day 2023 is ‘Coconuts: Transforming Lives’.
- The day was first celebrated in 2009 by the Asian and Pacific Coconut Community (APCC). September 2 was chosen because it is the anniversary of the establishment of the APCC in 1969.
Points to remember:
- When is World Coconut Day celebrated?
- Theme of World Coconut Day in 2023?