World tennis No.1 Ashleigh Barty announces retirement at the age of 25
- Australian female tennis player Ashleigh Barty has announced retirement from tennis at the age of 25 years.
- She has won three Grand Slam singles titles — the French Open in 2019, Wimbledon in 2021 and the Australian Open 2022.
- Apart from playing tennis, she has also played semi-professional cricket during here break from tennis between 2014-2016.
Points to remember:
- Ashleigh Barty is related to which sports?- Tennis
- Ashleigh Barty represents which country?- Australia
- Who has won the Australian Open 2022?- Ashleigh Barty
Source: economic times