Skip to content
- Daily News
- Xiomara Castro sworn in as first female President of Honduras
Xiomara Castro sworn in as first female President of Honduras
- In Honduras, the Freedom and Refoundation Party (Libre) member Xiomara Castro has been sworn in as the first female President of the country on 27 January 2022.
- The 62-year-old Castro replaces President Juan Orlando Hernández, as 56th President of Honduras.
- Hernández has held the position for eight years from 27 January 2014 to 27 January 2022.
- Honduras Capital: Tegucigalpa
- Currency: Honduran lempira
- Continent: North America