National Deworming Day: 10 February 2022
- National Deworming Day (NDD) is observed on 10 February every year in India.
- The day was started by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in 2015.
- The purpose of this initiative is to make every child across the country, between the ages of 01 and 19 years, free from intestinal worms, which are also referred to as Soil-Transmitted Helminths (STH).
- In 2022, the National Deworming Day campaign will take place from February 10 to February 16 in schools and villages through Anganwadi centres.
- Under the campaign deworming medicine is provided in the form of tablet or syrup, as per the age and body weight of the child.
Points to remember:
- When is the National Deworming Day observed?
Source: New 18