Military officer Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba appointed as interim President of Burkina Faso
- In Burkina Faso, the military junta has appointed lieutenant colonel Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba as the interim President of the country following military coup.
- The 2022 Burkina Faso military coup took place on January 24, 2022, which was led by Damiba.
- President Roch Marc Christian Kaboré and Prime Minister Lassina Zerbo were disposed from their position and the parliament, government and constitution were declared dissolved.
Points to Remember:
- Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba is the interim President of which country?
- Burkina Faso Capital- Ouagadougou; Currency-West African CFA franc(XOF)