Indian Railways to set up country’s biggest & world-class Wrestling Academy in Delhi
- The Ministry of Railways has approved to set up a state-of-art wrestling academy in Indian Railways, at Kishanganj, Delhi.
- The wrestling academy will be the biggest in India, and equipped with advanced training facilities to promote the sports of wrestling in the country.
- The project will be set up at an estimated cost of Rs 30.76 crores.
- The academy will offer the best sports facilities to sportspersons, and provide an opportunity for many budding wrestlers to become champions in the coming time.
- According to the Railway ministry, most of the elite wrestlers in India are from Indian Railways such as Sushil Kumar, Sakshi Malik, Ravi Kumar Dahiya and Bajrang Punia.
Points to Remember:
- Indian Railways will set up India’s biggest wrestling academy in which city?
Source: Financial Express