Reliance Jio ties up with Luxembourg’s SES for satellite-based broadband service in India
- Reliance Jio has tied-up with Luxembourg-based satellite and telecom services provider SES to provide satellite-based broadband communication services in India.
- Under the agreement, Jio Platforms has formed a joint venture with SES, named as Jio Space Technology Ltd.
- The joint venture will deliver the next generation scalable and affordable broadband services in India, leveraging satellite technology..
- Jio Platforms Ltd will hold 51 percent and and SES will own 49 percent equity stake in the joint venture.
- The total value of the contract is around $100 million.
- Reliance Jio will use SES’s multi-orbit space networks to deliver the service and will have availability of up to 100 Gbps capacity from SES.
- Multi-orbit space networks is a combination of geostationary (GEO) and medium earth orbit (MEO) satellites system capable of delivering multi-gigabit links and capacity to companies.
Points to Remember:
- Relaince Jio has partnered with which company to offer satellite-based broadband services in India?
- SES is a satellite and telecom services provider from which country?
- Share of Jio Platforms and SES in Jio Space Technology Ltd? 51: 49
Source: Business Standard, Hindustan Times
Reliance Jio (51%) + SES (49%)= Jio Space Technology Ltd.