IAS Officer Vineet Joshi takes over Chairman of CBSE
- IAS Vineet Joshi has been appointed as the new Chairman of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) with effect from February 14, 2022.
- Mr Joshi, a 1992-batch IAS officer of the Manipur cadre, is an Additional Secretary, Department of Higher Education, under Ministry of Education.
- He replaces IAS Manoj Ahuja, who has been appointed as the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Vineet Joshi is also the Director-General of the National Testing Agency (NTA). In 2010 as well he got the responsibility of CBSE chairman.
Points to Remember:
- Who has been appointed as the Chairperson of CBSE?
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) headquarter? New Delhi
Source: Hindustan Times