Israel becomes first-ever country to allow drones in civilian airspace
- Israel has become the first country in the world to allow unmanned aircraft vehicles (UAVs/Drones) to operate in civilian airspace.
- This means that the drones in Israel will be allowed to fly in civilian airspace, just like any other civilian airliner, rather than being restricted to unsegregated airspace.
- The Israeli Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has issued certification to ‘Hermes Starliner’ unmanned system, developed and manufactured by Elbit Systems, an Israeli defense electronics company.
- Hermes Starliner drone will fly in civilian airspace for the benefit of agriculture, environment, fight against crime, the people and the economy.
Points to Remember:
- Which country has become first to allow operation of drones in civilian airspace?
Source: Business Standard