2022 NATO Summit Concludes in Madrid
- The 2022 NATO Madrid Summit was held in Madrid, Spain, from June 28 to 30, 2022. This was the 32nd edition of the summit, since the first summit meeting held in Paris in 1957.
- The Summit was chaired by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
- The heads of state and heads of government of NATO member and partner countries participated in the three-day Summit.
- NATO summit meetings is a platform for member countries to evaluate and provide strategic direction for Alliance activities.
- During the Summit, 22 NATO members agreed to launch the NATO Innovation Fund. It is a multi-sovereign venture capital fund that will invest 1 billion euros ($1.05 billion) in startups and other venture capital funds that develops emerging technologies for both civilian and military use.
- During the Summit, NATO’s closest partners Finland and Sweden were invited to join the Alliance.
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Founding year – 4 April 1949
- Headquarter – Brussels, Belgium
- Total Member Countries – 30