2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing concludes; Norway tops with 37 medals
- The closing ceremony of 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games was held on February 20, 2022, at National Stadium (known as the Bird’s Nest) in Beijing.
- The 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China, was held from 4 to 20 February 2022.
- The Games featured a record 109 events across 15 disciplines in 7 sports.
- The venues of the Games were distributed across three zones- Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou.
- Norway topped medal table for the second successive Winter Olympics, winning a total of 37 medals, including 16 golds. This is a new record for the most amount of gold medals won at a single Winter Olympics.
- Germany finished second with 27 medals overall,, while the host nation China finished third with 15 medals.
India at the 2022 Winter Olympics
- The Indian team at the game was represented by one male alpine skier, Arif Khan.
- He was the country’s flagbearer during the opening ceremony, meanwhile a volunteer was the flagbearer during the closing ceremony.
- India could not win any medal at the games.
2026 Winter Olympics
- The Presidency of the Games was formally handed-over to Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo, in Italy, to host the 2026 Winter Olympics.
Points to Remember:
- 2022 Winter Olympics was held in which country?
- 2022 Winter Olympics closing and opening ceremony was held in which stadium?
- Which country won highest medal at the games?
- How many medals have been won by India?
- Name of the athlete who represented India at the Games and his sports field?
- Which country will host the 2026 Winter Olympics?
- Games was held across how many disciplines and sports.