Freedom fighter and Gandhian social worker Shakuntala Choudhary passes away at 102
- Noted freedom fighter and Gandhian social worker, Shakuntala Choudhary has passed away. She was 102-year-old.
- She was popularly known as ‘Shakuntala Baideo’.
- Choudhary hailed from Kamrup in Assam and was known for her commitment and devotion to the popularization of the Gandhian way of life. She worked for the wellbeing of villagers, especially women and children.
- She was felicitated with Padma Shri award in 2022 by the Government of India.
Points to Remember:
- Profession of Shakuntala Choudhary?
- Shakuntala Choudhary was from which state?