India’s first Biosafety Level-3 mobile laboratory inaugurated in Maharashtra’s Nashik
- Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Bharati Pravin Pawar inaugurated India’s first Biosafety level-3 containment mobile laboratory in Nashik, Maharashtra.
- The mobile laboratory will help to investigate newly emerging and re-emerging viral infections, by specially trained scientists from ICMR.
- The newly launched lab will be able to access remote and forested areas of the country, to investigate outbreaks using samples from humans and animal sources.
Points to Remember:
- India’s first Biosafety level-3 containment mobile laboratory has been launched in which state/city?
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare – Mansukh L. Mandaviya
Source: Live Mint