Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment launches Scheme for Economic Empowerment of DNTs (SEED)
- The Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr. Virendra Kumar launched a central sector scheme named the Scheme for Economic Empowerment for DNTs, (SEED) on February 16, 2022 at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi.
- The objective of SEED is the welfare of De-notified, Nomadic and Semi Nomadic tribal Communities, which are the most neglected, marginalized and economically and socially deprived communities.
- Total financial outlay for SEED Scheme is approximately Rs 200 crore to be spent over a period of 5 years starting Financial Year 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- The scheme will have following four components
- To provide coaching of good quality for DNT/NT/SNT candidates to enable them to appear in competitive examinations.
- To provide health insurance to DNT/NT/SNT Communities.
- To facilitate livelihoods initiative at community level to build and strengthen small clusters of DNT/NT/SNT Communities institutions.
- To provide financial assistance for construction of houses to members of the DNT/NT/SNT Communities.
Points to Remember:
- Full form of SEED?
- SEED Scheme has been launched by which ministry?
- Name of the scheme launched by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for the welfare of De-notified, Nomadic and Semi Nomadic Communities?
- How many components are prescribed under the scheme?