Power Minister RK Singh co-chairs 4th India-Australia Energy Dialogue
- The 4th India-Australia Energy Dialogue was on February 15, 2022 through video-conferencing.
- The dialogue was co-chaired by Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy, RK Singh and Australian Energy and Emissions Reduction Minister Angus Taylor.
- The main topic of discussion during the dialogue was, energy transition, with focus on renewable energy, energy efficiency, storage, electronic vehicles, critical minerals among others.
- Both the countries signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) for working towards reducing the cost of new and renewable energy technologies and scaling up their deployment to reduce global emissions.
- There are five Joint Working Groups under the India – Australia Energy Dialogue. These are Power; New & Renewable Energy; Coal & Mines; Critical Minerals; and Oil & Gas.
- During the dialogue, the co-chairs of these JWGs presented the progress till date and the forward action plan under the respective JWGs.
Points to Remember:
- India and Australia organised which edition of India-Australia Energy Dialogue in February 2022?
- Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy?