PM Narendra Modi delivers inaugural address at TERI’s World Sustainable Development Summit 2022
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered the inaugural address at World Sustainable Development Summit via video conferencing on February 16, 2022.
- The World Sustainable Development Summit is the annual flagship event of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
- The three day Summit will culminate on February 18, 2022.
- The theme for World Sustainable Development Summit 2022 is ‘Towards a Resilient Planet: Ensuring a Sustainable and Equitable Future’.
- Some key issues to be discussed at the Summit includes climate change, sustainable production, energy transitions, global commons and resource security.
- The summit is also being attended by Mr. Luis Abinader, President of the Dominican Republic, Dr. Mohamed Irfaan Ali, President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, Ms Amina J Mohammed, Deputy Secretary General, United Nations.
- Apart from these, heads of various intergovernmental organisations, Ministers/ Envoys from more than a dozen countries and delegates from over 120 countries.
Points to Remember:
- World Sustainable Development Summit was organised by which organization?
- Theme of the Summit?
- The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) headquarter – New Delhi