Football legend Surajit Sengupta passes away at 71
- The former India footballer Surajit Sengupta, who played as a midfielder, has passed away due to COVID-19 complications. He was 71.
- At club level, Sengupta had been associated with Kolkata’s three big clubs, Mohun Bagan (1972-1973, 1981-1983), East Bengal (1974- 1979) and Mohammedan Sporting (1980).
- He was part of the Indian national team that won a bronze medal in the 1970 Asian Games, held in Bangkok, Thailand.
Points to Remember:
- Profession of Surajit Sengupta?
- Surajit Sengupta was associated with which sports?
- 1970 Asian Games was held at which place?
Source: The Times of India