Home Minister Amit Shah launches ‘Smart Card Arms License’ and ‘Shastra App’ of Delhi Police
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched ‘Smart Card Arms License’ and ‘Shastra App’ of the Delhi Police on February 16, 2022, on the occasion of 75th anniversary of the Delhi Police.
- The Delhi Police Licensing Unit has introduced ‘Smart Card Arms License’, to replace the existing bulky arms license booklet.
- With this Delhi Police has become the first police force in the country to introduce such smart card service.
- The Smart Card Arms License is easy to carry with inherent security features. It will be printed in house after verification of data of arms license holders.
- The card is also integrated with the ‘e-Beat book’ of Delhi Police through ‘Shastra mobile app’ for effective policing.
- The Shastra app will help beat officers in identifying the credentials of arms license holders anytime during day-to-day random checking.
Points to Remember:
- ‘Smart Card Arms License’ and ‘Shastra App’ has been launched by the police force of which state/UT?
Source: New Indian Express