PM Modi inaugurates 550-tonne capacity Gobar-Dhan (Bio-CNG) Plant in Indore
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated a 550-tonne capacity “Gobar-Dhan (Bio-CNG) Plant” in Indore, Madhya Pradesh on February 19, 2022, through video conferencing.
- This is the biggest Bio-CNG plant in Asia. It has been set up at a cost of Rs 150 crore.
- The gobardhan plant is based on the concept of waste-to-wealth innovation.
- Wet urban household waste and waste from cattle and farm is Gobar Dhan.
- Need for Bio CNG Plant? Lakhs of tonnes of garbage have occupied thousand of acres of land for decades across country causing air and water pollution, major reason behind spread of diseases.
- The plant is based on zero landfill models, which means no rejects would be generated.
- Benefits: reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, providing green energy; and organic compost as fertiliser.
- The Indore Gober Dhan Bio CNG plant will produce around 17,000 kg per day of CNG, and 100 tonnes per day of organic compost.
- It is proposed that such Gober Dhan Bio CNG plants will be established in 75 big Municipal bodies in coming two years.
Points to Remember:
- PM Modi has inaugurated a Gobar-Dhan (Bio-CNG) Plant in which city?
- What is the capacity of the Gobar Dhan Bio CNG plant in Indore?