5th UN Environment Assembly concludes in Nairobi with 14 resolutions
- The 5th United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-5) was held on a hybrid format in Nairobi from 28 February to 02 March 2022.
- The theme for UNEA-5 was “Strengthening Actions for Nature to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals”.
- The assembly concluded with 14 resolutions to strengthen international action for climate, nature and a pollution-free planet to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The biennial UNES is hosted by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) to bring together representatives of the 193 Member States of the UN, businesses, civil society and other stakeholders to address the world’s most pressing environmental challenges.
Points to Remember:
- In 2022, which edition of United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) was held?
- Theme for UNEA-5?
- UNEP headquarter – Nairobi, Kenya
- UNEP Executive Director- Inger Andersen