Skip to content
- Daily News
- Aaykar Diwas (Income Tax Day) celebrated by CBDT on July 24
Aaykar Diwas (Income Tax Day) celebrated by CBDT on July 24
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) observed the 163rd Income Tax Day (also known as Aaykar Diwas) on July 24, 2022.
- In India, the Income Tax Day is celebrated every year on July 24, as it was on this day in 1860 that Income Tax was introduced for the first time in India by Sir James Wilson.
- The purpose of this tax was to compensate for the losses incurred by the British regime during the first war of independence against British Rule in 1857.
- July 24 was first celebrated as the Income Tax day in 2010, to mark 150 years of income tax in India..