Skip to content
- Daily News
- Neeraj Chopra clinches silver in javelin at World Athletics Championships
Neeraj Chopra clinches silver in javelin at World Athletics Championships
- Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra has won the silver medal in the javelin throw final of the World Athletics Championships in Eugene, Oregon.
- Neeraj produced his best throw of 88.13m to finish second.
- Anderson Peters of Grenada won gold with a throw of 90.54m. Jakub Vadlejch claimed bronze with a 88.09m throw.
- With this win, Neeraj has scripted history, as he became only the second Indian and first male track and field athlete to win a medal at World Championships.
- 19-years-ago, legendary long jumper Anju Booby George was the first Indian to win a medal. She clinched bronze in the 2003 World Championships in Paris.