ACC appoints Vinay Kumar Tripathi as new Chairman & CEO of Railway Board
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Vinay Kumar Tripathi as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Railway Board, Ministry of Railways.
- Currently Tripathi serves as the General Manager, North Eastern Railway.
- He will replace Suneet Sharma, a 1982 batch IRSME officer.
- Tripathi is an Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE) officer from 1983 batch.
- He has been appointed for a period of six-months from January 01, 2022, and has been granted a six-month extension as well, upto December 2022.
Source: Economic Times