Ajay Bhushan Pandey appointed as chairman of the NFRA
- Ajay Bhushan Pandey has been appointed as the chairman of the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA).
- Before this, he was the chief executive of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- NFRA has been set up under the Companies Act, 2013, and was approved by the Cabinet in May 2018.
- NFRA acts as an independent regulator for the auditing profession. It has powers to review the financial statement of companies, can seek explanations and probe irregularities with respect to accounting and auditing issues.
Points to remember:
- Who is the chairman of NFRA?
Source: economic times