- V Anantha Nageswaran has been appointed as the new chief economic advisor (CEA) to the Government of India. This post was lying vacant since December 17, 2021, when KV Subramanian left the office.
- V Anantha Nageswaran is a former member of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC).
- The search panel for the selection of CEA is headed by 15th Finance Commission chief NK Singh.
- The CEA is the ex-officio cadre controlling authority of the Indian Economic Service. Also, the economic survey is prepared under the guidance of the Chief Economic Adviser.
Points to remember:
- Who has been appointed as the new CEA?- V Anantha Nageswaran
- Who is the head of Search panel for CEA?-NK Singh.
- Who is the chief of 15th Finance Commission?- NK Singh
- The economic survey of India is prepared under the guidance of?- CEA
Source: economic times