Om Birla launches ‘Digital Sansad App’ to make live proceedings accessible to citizens
- The Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla launched the official mobile application of the Parliament named ‘Digital Sansad App’ on January 27, 2022, to allow citizens to access live proceedings of the House, including the Union Budget 2022 live.
- The app will make the Parliament and Parliamentary proceedings accessible not only to the members but also to the public of the country.
- Through the Digital Sansad App, citizens can check what their members of Parliament are doing, what debates they are participating in and what they are saying.
- Using the app, parliamentarians can also digitally log their attendance.
Points to Remember:
- Name of the app launched by Parliament to allow citizens to access live proceedings of the House?
- Who is the Lok Sabha Speaker?
Source: Economic Times