Skip to content
- Daily News
- Anti-submarine warfare craft ‘INS Androth’ launched in Kolkata
Anti-submarine warfare craft ‘INS Androth’ launched in Kolkata
- The INS Androth, second in a series of eight Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Craft (ASW SWC), was launched on March 21, 2023, in Kolkata.
- INS Androth has been built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) in Kolkata.
- INS Arnala is the first in this series.
- INS Androth measures about 77.6 metres long and 10.5 metres wide.
- It requires a draught of only 2.7 metres.
- The INS Androth is propelled by three diesel-driven water jets.
- It is capable to attain a maximum speed of 25 knots.
- carry lightweight torpedoes, ASW rockets and mines, close-in weapons system (30mm gun) and 16.7mm stabilized remote controlled guns.
- Key Functions
- to conduct anti-submarine operations in coastal waters, low intensity maritime operations and mine laying operations.
- undertake full-scale sub-surface surveillance of coastal waters and various surface platforms.