Bajrang Punia, Deepak Punia and Sakshi Malik wins gold for India at 2022 CWG; Anshu Malik claims silver; Divya Kakran and Mohit Grewal settles for bronze
- Ace Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia clinched Gold Medal for India in Men`s 65 kg at the ongoing Commonwealth Games 2022 at Birmingham. He defeated Canada`s Lachlan Mcneil.
- Following this, wrestler Deepak Punia won the gold medal in the Men’s 86 kg final. He defeated Pakistan’s Muhammad Inam by 3-0.
- Sakshi Malik also won gold in the Women’s 62kg Freestyle wrestling final. She defeated Ana Godinez Gonzales of Canada.
- Meanwhile, Anshu Malik won the silver medal in the Women’s Freestyle 57kg category wrestling. She lost to Odunayo Folasade Adekuoroye of Nigeria, 3-7 to stand second.
- Apart from them, Indian wrestlers Divya Kakran (women’s 68kg) and Mohit Grewal (men’s 125kg) won bronze medals in their respective categories.
List of Total Medals won by India till date at 2022 CWG – 26
- Mirabai Chanu – Women’s 49kg (Weightlifting)
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga – Men’s 67kg (Weightlifting)
- Achinta Sheuli – Men’s 73kg (Weightlifting)
- Rupa Rani Tirkey, Lovely Choubey, Pinki and Nayanmoni Saikia – Women’s Fours (Lawn Bowls)
- Sathiyan Gnanasekaran, Sharath Kamal, Harmeet Desai and Sanil Shetty – Men’s Team (Table Tennis)
- Sudhir – Men’s heavyweight (para powerlifting)
- Bajarang Punia – Men’s 65kg (Wrestling)
- Deepak Punia – Men’s 86kg (Wrestling)
- Sakshi Malik – Women’s 62kg Freestyle (Wrestling)
- Sanket Mahadev Sargar – Men’s 55kg (Weightlifting)
- Bidyarani Devi – Women’s 55kg (Weightlifting)
- Likmabam Sushila Devi – Women’s 48kg (Judo)
- Vikas Thakur – Men’s 96kg (Weightlifting)
- Indian badminton mixed team
- Tulika Maan – Women’s 78kg (Judo)
- Murali Sreeshankar – Long Jump
- Anshu Malik – Women’s Freestyle 57kg (Wrestling)
- Gururaja Poojary – Men’s 61kg (Weightlifting)
- Vijay Kumar Yadav – Men’s 60kg (Judo)
- Harjinder Kaur – Women’s 71kg (Weightlifting)
- Tejaswin Shankar – Men’s High Jump
- Lovepreet Singh – Men’s 109kg (Weightlifting)
- Gurdeep Singh – Men’s 109kg+ (Weightlifting)
- Saurav Ghosal – Men’s Single (Squash)
- Divya Kakran – women’s 68kg (Wrestling)
- Mohit Grewal – men’s 125kg (Wrestling)