Skip to content
Centre approves one-year extension in service of Rajiv Gauba as Cabinet Secretary
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved an extension in service of Rajiv Gauba as Cabinet Secretary of India for a further period of one-year, beyond, August 30, 2022.
- This is his second extension as Cabinet Secretary.
- Mr Rajiv Gauba is a 1982-batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre.
- He was appointed to the country’s top bureaucratic post in 2019 for two years.
- Then in August 2021, he was given first one year extension.
- Prior to being appointed on this post, Mr Gauba has also served as the secretary in the Union Urban Development Ministry, Additional Secretary in the Home Ministry.