Bengaluru-based Spacetech startup Pixxel launches ‘Shakuntala’ satellite with SpaceX’s Falcon-9 rocket
- The Indian Spacetech startup Pixxel [Headquarter- Bengaluru] launched its first commercial satellite called `Shakuntala’ in April 2022.
- The full-fledged commercial satellite was launched onboard Falcon-9 rocket of Elon Musk-run SpaceX from Cape Canaveral in the US.
- The launch took place under SpaceX`s Transporter-4 mission.
- The ‘Shakuntala’ satellite is a low-orbit imaging satellite, installed with one of the highest-resolution hyperspectral commercial cameras ever flown to space.
- This will help to track the invisible changes of Earth like deforestation, natural gas leakages, pollution, declining crop health, melting ice caps, and other data critical for climate change assessments.
Points to remember:
- Shakuntala satellite has been launched by which Indian startup?
- Name of the satellite launched by Pixxel?
- Shakuntala satellite was launched on which rocket?
- Shakuntala satellite was launched under which mission of SpaceX?
Source: Economic Times