Skip to content
Centre extends Rs 200 per LPG cylinder subsidy by one more year
- The Union Cabinet has extended the LPG cylinder subsidy of Rs 200, under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana by one year.
- This means that Rs 200 per LPG cylinder will be provided to the beneficiaries for one more year, to ease the burden of high cooking gas prices.
- This decision has been taken keeping in mind the high prices of petroleum products in the international market.
- The move will benefit 9.6 crore (96 million) families.
- The Centre will face total cost of Rs 13,780 crore, including Rs 6,100 crore in 2022-23 and Rs 7,680 crore in 2023-24.
- The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme was launched in 2016 to distribute LPG connections to women belonging to below poverty line (BPL) families.