Skip to content
Intel co-founder Gordon Moore dies at 94
- Gordon E. Moore, one of the co-founder of US Chipmaker Intel, has passed away. He was 94.
- Moore and his longtime colleague Robert Noyce founded Intel Corporation in July 1968 as NM Electronics.
- Initially, he served as executive vice president of the company.
- In 1975 he became president of Intel.
- In 1987 he gave up the CEO position and continued as chairman.
- In 1997, Moore became chairman emeritus.
- He stepped down in 2006.
- He was one of the driving personalities behind the creation of Silicon Valley.