Skip to content
Centre forms special task force headed by VK Paul, to monitor monkeypox virus cases in India
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has constituted a special task force (STF) to monitor monkeypox cases in India.
- NITI Aayog member (health) VK Paul will be the head the task force.
- Other members of the STF will include officials from the Health ministry and representatives of the major medical and research institutes in the country.
- The STF has been tasked to monitor and provide guidance to the government on the expansion of diagnostic facilities and to explore vaccination for the infection in the country.
- So far, India has reported four Monkeypox cases, which includes three cases in Kerala and one in Delhi.