Skip to content
- Centre forms special task force headed by VK Paul, to monitor monkeypox virus cases in India
Centre forms special task force headed by VK Paul, to monitor monkeypox virus cases in India
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has constituted a special task force (STF) to monitor monkeypox cases in India.
- NITI Aayog member (health) VK Paul will be the head the task force.
- Other members of the STF will include officials from the Health ministry and representatives of the major medical and research institutes in the country.
- The STF has been tasked to monitor and provide guidance to the government on the expansion of diagnostic facilities and to explore vaccination for the infection in the country.
- So far, India has reported four Monkeypox cases, which includes three cases in Kerala and one in Delhi.