Centre organise week-long ‘Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate’ Science exhibition at 75 locations across country
- The Government of India has organised a week-long science exhibition titled ‘Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate’ (विज्ञान सर्वत्र पुज्यते) from February 22 to 28, 2022, as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav commemoration. It will be conducted simultaneously at 75 locations across the country through a hybrid mode.
- The festival will celebrate science and technology (S&T) and display the country’s scientific legacy and technology prowess.
- The inaugural programme was held at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi on 22nd of February.
- The festival will culminate on February 28, 2022, which coincide with the National Science Day, commemorated in remembrance of Nobel Laureate Sir C.V. Raman’s path-breaking discovery of the Raman Effect in 1930.
Key features of the exhibition
- The exhibition shall feature 75 expositions, 75 lectures, 75 films, 75 radio talks, 75 science literary activities, and more.
- The event has been grouped into four major themes
- From the annals of the history of Science and Technology
- Milestones of Modern Indian Science and Technology
- Swadeshi Paramparik Inventions and Innovations, Science and Technology
- Transforming India
- Organised by: jointly organized by the Department of Science and Technology, Department of Biotechnology, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space, Indian Council of Medical Research, All India Council for Technical Education, and Defence Research Development Organisation.
Points to Remember:
- The inaugural event of Science festival Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate was held at which? New Delhi
- The event has how many themes?