Delhi IGI Airport ranked 9th busiest airports globally in 2022: ACI Report
- The Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi has been ranked among the world’s top 10 busiest airports by passengers traffic, as per Airports Council International (ACI).
- It is the only airport from South and Southeast Asia to feature in ACI’s list of the 10 busiest airports for 2022.
- The global rank of the Delhi airport is at the ninth spot for 2022.
- It handled almost 5.95 crore passengers in 2022.
- In 2021, the airport was ranked at 13th and in 2019, at 17th.
- The United States-based Atlanta airport has retained its position as the world’s busiest airport. It handled 9.37 crore passengers in 2022.
- In fact, 5 of the 10 busiest airports in 2022 list are in the US.
Top 10 busiest airport in the world list
- Los Angeles
- London Heathrow
- New Delhi