Deposits in Jan Dhan accounts cross Rs 1.5 lakh crore: Finance Ministry
- As per the latest data of finance ministry, the deposits in bank accounts opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) scheme have crossed Rs 1.5 lakh crore mark.
- The total balance in accounts under the Jan Dhan scheme was recorded at Rs 1,50,939.36 crore as on December-end 2021.
- The data revealed that over 44.23 crore accounts have been opened under the scheme.
- Of this, 34.9 crore accounts were opened with the public sector banks, 8.05 crore with regional rural banks, and the remaining 1.28 crore with private sector banks.
- RuPay Debit Cards were issued to 31.28 crore PMJDY beneficiaries under this scheme.
Points to Remember:
- What is the approx deposit recorded under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) scheme at December-end 2021?