Skip to content
Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launches 100 days reading campaign ‘Padhe Bharat’
- The Union Education Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan has launched ‘Padhe Bharat’, a 100 days (14 weeks) reading campaign. The campaign has been organised from January 01, 2022 to April 10, 2022.
- Padhe Bharat is in alignment with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- It will emphasise on promotion of joyful reading culture for children as well as ensure availability of age appropriate reading books for children in local/mother tongue/regional/tribal Language.
- The International Mother Tongue Day (21 February ) has also been integrated with this campaign to encourage children to read in their mother tongue/local language.
- An activity named Kahani Padho Apni Bhasa Main (Reading story in own language) will be organised on this day across the country to promote local language and culture of our society.