EPFO lowers interest rate on PF deposits to 8.1 pc for 2021-22
- The retirement fund body, Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has slashed interest rate on provident fund deposits to 8.10% for 2021-22. This rate is 0.4% lower than previous year.
- The interest rate on PF deposit was 8.5% in 2020-21 and 2019-20.
- The decision was taken at the 230th meeting of Central Board of Trustees, EPF on March 12, 2022 under the Chairmanship of Shri Bhupendra Yadav, Union Minister for Labour & Employment and Environment, Forest & Climate Change.
Points to remember:
- What is the interest rate for provident fund deposits fixed by EPFO for 2021-22?
- The interest rate on PF deposit for 2021-22 is what percent lower than in 2020-21?
Source: Economic Times