FDI flows to India falls by 26% in 2021: UNCTAD report
- The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) flows to India fell by 26 percent in 2021, compared to 2020, as per the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Investment Trends Monitor published on January 19, 2022.
- In 2020, FDI to India was recorded at USD 64 billion. This was 27 percent more compared to USD 51 billion FDI in 2019. For 2021, the FDI in India is $47.36 billion.
- UNCTAD said that low FDI in India was mainly because large cross-border mergers & acquisitions (M&A) deals recorded in 2020 were not repeated.
- The global FDI flows increased by 77 percent to an estimated USD 1.65 trillion in 2021, from USD 929 billion in 2020.
Source Economic Times
Points to Remember:
- FDI inflow to India was recorded what percent lower in 2021 than FDI inflow in 2020 as per UNCTAD?
- What amount of FDI inflow was recorded globally in 2021, as per UNCTAD?
- Global FDI flow in 2021 was what percent higher than that of 2020?
- UNCTAD Headquarter -Geneva, Switzerland