- The Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman launched the e-Bill system for Central Government Ministries. The e-Bill system was launched on the 46th Civil Accounts Day i.e March 02, 2022.
- Objective: The system will allow all vendors/suppliers of the central government to submit their bills/claims at anytime, from anywhere.
- The e-Bill system has been developed by the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) Division of Ministry of Finance. The bills will be processed by First-In-First-Out (FIFO) method.
- The system has been initially rolled out in the nine Pay and Accounting Units of nine Ministries/Departments and will be rolled out in other Ministries/Departments in a phased manner in 2022-23.
Points to remember:
- The e-Bill system has been developed by?- Public Financial Management System (PFMS)
- The bills under e-Bill system will be processed by which system/method?- FIFO
How bills were processed before e-bill system
The suppliers of various goods and services to the Government have to submit physical, ink signed copies of their bills to the respective Ministries/Departments/offices of the Government of India.
How bills will be processed after e-bill system
vendors/suppliers can upload their bills online along with supporting documents from the convenience of their homes/offices at any time through digital signature. For those not having a digital signature, the facility of e-sign using Aadhaar has also been provided