India ranks 3rd, US tops in billionaire population globally: Knight Frank
- India is ranked 3rd in terms of most number of billionaires’ population globally in 2021, as per the Knight Frank’s latest edition of The Wealth Report 2022.
- The list has been topped by the United States (748) and China (554) respectively.
- The number of ultra-high-net-worth-individuals (UHNWIs) in India increased by 11% YoY in 2021 to 145 billionaires, the highest percentage growth in Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
- UHNWIs are individuals with net assets of US$ 30m or more (Rs 226 crore)
- Globally, the number of UHNWIs increased by 9.3% in 2021.
- City-wise, Bengaluru recorded highest growth in the number of UHNWIs in 2021 at 17.1% to 352 billionaires.
- It was followed by Delhi (12.4% to 210) and Mumbai (9% to 1596) in 2021.
Points to Remember:
- Rank of India in Knight Frank’s The Wealth Report 2022 for billionaires’ population in 2021.
- Which country has topped the index?
- The Wealth Report 2022 is released by which organisation?
Source: Financial Express