Skip to content
- Daily News
- Former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff replaces Marcos Prado Troyjo as new President of BRICS Bank
Former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff replaces Marcos Prado Troyjo as new President of BRICS Bank
- The Board of BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) has elected former Brazilian President Dilma Vana Rousseff as the new President of the Bank with effect from March 24, 2023.
- She replaces Marcos Prado Troyjo, who held the post since 27 May 2020.
- Dilma Rousseff, an economist by profession, served as the 36th President of Federative Republic of Brazil for two consecutive terms, between January 2011 to August 2016.
- NDB, also known as BRICS bank, is a multilateral financial institution set up by the five BRICS countries, namely Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa.