Foundation Stone of World’s Third Largest Cricket Stadium laid in Jaipur
- The Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and BCCI President Sourav Ganguly laid the foundation stone of world’s third-largest cricket stadium in Jaipur on February 05, 2022.
- The International Cricket Stadium in Jaipur will be the second-largest cricket stadium in India and the third-largest in the world.
- The new international stadium will be built by the Rajasthan Cricket Academy (RCA) on the Jaipur-Delhi bypass, over 100 acres of land in Jaipur.
- The stadium will have seating capacity of 75,000 spectators.
- Currently Narendra Modi Stadium (former Motera stadium) in Ahmedabad is world’s largest stadium with a capacity of 132,000 spectators.
- The second largest stadium is Australia’s Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) which has a capacity of 1,00,024 spectators.
Points to Remember:
- World’s third largest cricket stadium is being built in which country or state/city?
- What will be the seating capacity of International Cricket Stadium in Jaipur?
- Which is the Worlds largest international cricket stadium located?
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) is in which country?
Source: Economic Times