ADB committed record US$4.6-bn loans to India in 2021
- As per the data released by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) on February 06, 2022, it provided a record USD 4.6 billion in sovereign lending to India in 2021.
- This included USD 1.8 billion towards coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic response.
- The USD 4.6 billion was committed by ADB for 17 loans.
- The USD 1.8 billion COVID-19-related assistance included USD 1.5 billion for vaccine procurement and USD 300 million to strengthen primary health care in urban areas and the country’s future pandemic preparedness.
- ADB is a multilateral funding agency with headquarter at Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- ADB President – Masatsugu Asakawa.
Points to Remember:
- How much amount of sovereign loan was extended by ADB to India in 2021?
Source: Business Standard