- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has canceled the “Khadi Certification” of its oldest Khadi Institution named Mumbai Khadi & Village Industries Association (MKVIA).
- This MKVIA was running the popular “Khadi Emporium” at Metropolitan Insurance House, Mumbai since 1954.
- KVIC has canceled the license of MKVIA as the latter had started selling fake Khadi products, which was against the “zero tolerance” policy of KVIC against the sale of spurious/non-Khadi products
Points to remember:
- KVIC comes under which ministry?- Ministry of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Name of the institution whose license has been recently canceled by KVIC? – Khadi Institution named Mumbai Khadi & Village Industries Association (MKVIA).
- Where was the famous “Khadi Emporium” located?- Mumbai
- In whcih year KVIC handed over “Khadi Emporium” to MKVIA?- 1954