Golden Globe Awards 2023: India wins its maiden Golden Globe for the song ‘Natu Natu’ from “RRR”
- The 80th edition of the annual Golden Globe Awards event, took place on January 10, 2023, to honor the best in American and international film and American television of 2022.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2023 honored the best in American television, as well as film in 2021 and early 2022, as chosen by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
- The film ‘The Banshees of Inisherin’ received most nominations, leading with eight.
- Meanwhile, for the first time, India bagged the Golden Globe award. India received the award for the song “Naatu Naatu,” from the film “RRR” directed by SS Rajamouli in the Best Original Song category.
- The song has been composed by veteran music director MM Keeravaani and voiced by singers Kala Bhairava and Rahul Sipligunj.
List of winners
|Best Film: Drama||The Fabelmans|
|Best Film: Musical or Comedy||The Banshees of Inisherin|
|Best Film Actor: Drama||Austin Butler – Elvis as Elvis Presley|
|Best Film Actress: Drama||Cate Blanchett – Tár as Lydia Tár|
|Best Film Actor: Musical or Comedy||Colin Farrell – The Banshees of Inisherin as Pádraic Súilleabháin|
|Best Film Actress: Musical or Comedy||Michelle Yeoh – Everything Everywhere All at Once as Evelyn Quan Wang|
|Supporting Actor||Ke Huy Quan – Everything Everywhere All at Once as Waymond Wang|
|Supporting Actress||Angela Bassett – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever as Queen Ramonda|
|Best Director||Steven Spielberg – The Fabelmans|
|Best Screenplay||Martin McDonagh – The Banshees of Inisherin|
|Best Original Score||Justin Hurwitz – Babylon|
|Best Original Song||“Naatu Naatu” (M. M. Keeravani and Chandrabose) – RRR|
|Best Animated Feature||Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio|
|Best Non-English Language Film||Argentina, 1985 (Argentina)|
|Best Drama Series||House of the Dragon|
|Best Musical or Comedy Series||Abbott Elementary|
|Best Limited or Anthology Series or Television Film||The White Lotus (HBO)|
|Best Actor Performance in a Television Series – Drama||Kevin Costner – Yellowstone (Paramount Network) as John Dutton|
|Best Actress Performance in a Television Series – Drama||Zendaya – Euphoria (HBO) as Rue Bennett|
|Best Actor Performance in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy||Jeremy Allen White – The Bear (FX on Hulu) as Carmen “Carmy” Berzatto|
|Best Actress Performance in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy||Quinta Brunson – Abbott Elementary (ABC) as Janine Teagues|
|Best Actor Performance in a Limited or Anthology Series or Television Film||Evan Peters – Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story (Netflix) as Jeffrey Dahmer|
|Best Actress Performance in a Limited or Anthology Series or Television Film||Amanda Seyfried – The Dropout (Hulu) as Elizabeth Holmes|
|Best Supporting Actor Performance in a Television Series – Musical-Comedy or Drama||Tyler James Williams – Abbott Elementary (ABC) as Gregory Eddie|
|Best Supporting Actress Performance in a Television Series – Musical-Comedy or Drama||Julia Garner – Ozark (Netflix) as Ruth Langmore|
|Best Supporting Actor Performance in a Limited or Anthology Series or Television Film||Paul Walter Hauser – Black Bird (Apple TV+) as Larry Hall|
|Best Supporting Actress Performance in a Limited or Anthology Series or Television Film||Jennifer Coolidge – The White Lotus (HBO) as Tanya McQuoid-Hunt|