Skip to content
- Daily News
- World Bank projects India’s GDP to decline at 6.6% in FY24 compared to 6.9% in FY23
World Bank projects India’s GDP to decline at 6.6% in FY24 compared to 6.9% in FY23
- In its latest economic update, the World Bank has projected the economic growth rate of India to slow down to 6.6 percent in the next financial year, (April 2023 to March 2024).
- This was projected at 6.9 percent in the current fiscal year (April 2022 to March 2023).
- For 2024-25, the growth rate is projected at 6.1 percent.
- However, the World Bank has also projected that India is expected to be the fastest growing economy of the seven largest emerging-market and developing economies (EMDEs).