Google to invest upto $1 Billion in Bharti Airtel to boost country’s digital ecosystem
- Indian telecom company Bharti Airtel and Google have announced a long-term partnership agreement on January 28, 2022 to accelerate the growth of India’s digital ecosystem.
- Under the deal, Google will invest USD 1 billion in Airtel.
- From the total investment, Google will invest USD 700 million to acquire 1.28 percent stake in Bharti Airtel Ltd.
- Remaining USD 300 million will go toward multi-year commercial agreements with Airtel, including devices built together by the two tech giants.
- The USD 1 billion funding is part of Google’s USD 10 billion ‘Google for India Digitization Fund’, launched in 2020.
Points to Remember:
- How much amount will be invested by Google in Airtel?
- Google is set to acquire how much amount stake in Airtel?